Whether you are tired of the errors or found a new portal, you have decided to delete your discord account. And you are here while deciding to know the complete detail of the procedure. Then you will read an article that will tell you all. You will know the way to delete discord account. But you also need to know some other facts which will provide you with the other option. You can choose to disable the discord account. And if you have decided to delete the account, then you can always revert back your decision within 14 days and restore your account. After 14 days, you will never become able to restore your account. If discord is not a favorable VOIP for you, then we can proceed with this article by your first option, the way to disable your account.
wanna delete mint account? here's complete guide to delete mint account
The complete procedure to delete discord account
The option of disabling is a precautionary feature of the discord portal. That deactivates your account and never deletes your data. You always have the freedom to get back to your previous position on the portal. We will describe the complete method below.
- Pull out your mobile and tap on the screen to make it alive.
- Tap on the discord app icon for opening it.
- After you have logged on to the app, you must tap user settings.
- The first option in the drop-down menu is “accounts.” Tap on that.
- The next screen will offer you the “edit” option. tap on it.
- The bottom of the window of the next screen will contain two options. One will be “delete,” and others will be “disable.” All you have to do is to tap “disable.” And your account will be disabled.
Wanna get rid of skype? here's guide to delete skype account
Conditions to Delete your discord account
If you have decided to delete discord account, then you cannot just delete it. The account holder needs to delete servers or transfer the ownership of the servers.
Transfer of ownership
If you want to transfer the ownership of the servers, then follow the steps.
- Pull your mobile and open discord app.
- Tap on the server name and open server settings.
- Then you need to tap on “user management” and then tap on members.
- Now, select the member you want to transfer the ownership.
- In the dialog menu, there will be an option of “transfer of ownership.”
- Tap on that option.
- The ownership will be transferred.
Also check: How to delete Roblox account
The way to delete servers is described below.
- Pull out your mobile and tap on the discord icon.
- After logging on, you must head to “server settings.”
- You must go to the “delete server” on the left side of the menu.
- Now, you have to enter the password, and the server will be deleted entirely.
When the servers are gone, then you are free to delete your account from discord.
Also check: How to delete tumblr account
How to delete discord account?
The procedure to delete discord account is below.
- Open your computer and go to the discord portal.
- The screen will host like this.
- Now, you must enter the correct username, email, and password.
- Your dashboard will have the option of “user settings.” Click on that.
- Next, you need to click on ‘My Account.”
- After that, you need to click “edit.”
- Then the option of “delete account” will appear. Click on that.
- The screen will ask you the password for finalizing the process.
- You must enter the password. And click “Delete account.”
- Now, the portal will ask you a six-digit 2FA code.
- So, enter the code and press “Delete” one more time.
- This act will delete your account permanently.
Note: It will take 14 days to delete your account permanently. If you want to restore it, then do it within 14 days. Otherwise, after 14 days, you will never be able to regain your account.
Also check : how to delete pof account
We have successfully described the method to delete discord account, which also includes the detail of deleting servers and transferring the ownership of servers. Now, you have the necessary tools available for fulfilling your will. Remember! You can always choose to disable your account for a while. It will make you understand the distance from the account. If you choose to delete your account, then you have the complete method in detail. You can use this article as a reference before your action.